The counterpart to Stupid Jetpack Hitler
, namely the tendency to give those Dirty Reds
technologies far beyond their western counterparts. After the end of the Cold War
this is something of a Discredited Trope
and usually only played for laughs. Although "abonodned Soviet experiments" seems to be a fairly common trope.
- Red Alert. 'nuff said. Mind controlled squids, cloning vats, Weaponized Tesla Coils...
- The Marvel Universe has it's share of soviet experiments gone awry, the most Ultimate Universe series Ultimate Nightmare took place almost entirely in a complex dedicated to this.
- Some James Bond movies.
- Freedom Force features Nuclear Winter who is a soviet spy dunked in his own chemicals, Freedom Force Vs The Third Reich features Red October, who for some unexplained reason is a witch.
- Dr. Strangelove features the Soviet Doomsday Device... That they neglected to tell anyone about.
- The Soviets developed the device due to the fact that the U.S. had already considered a similar device already: "Our source was the New York Times."
- The story where the Marvel Universe monster Fin Fang Foom originated is all about the chinese communists attacking Taiwan with a dragon.