Favors for the Sexy
Someone volunteers to perform favors for an attractive person, because they\\\'re attractive.
Alternate titles: Servicing The Sexy, Favors The Sexy
When a sexy female enters the scene, expect the all the males in the area to spring into action, trying to curry her favor by doing all kinds of little things for her, like getting her a drink, making sure she has a seat, or fetching anything she asks for, no matter how difficult it is to obtain. Keep in mind, the people actually doing this trope are the (generally male) service granters, and they are doing it entirely from what's left of their own free will that hasn't been turned to mush by lust. The recipient may be aware of the effect she has, and may use it to her advantage, in which case that is I Have Boobs, You Must Obey!. However, here, she might not have a clue may just see the guys as being nice. May be done for The Tease. Note that because Women Are Wiser and All Men Are Perverts, the people performing this trope are almost Always Male, while the recipients are almost always Female. Compare Courtly Love. This could lead to Pretty Freeloaders.
ExamplesAnime and Manga
- Hyacinth/Sayuri of Dokkoida?!. In one episode, when the gang went to a public pool, she was quickly surrounded by a gaggle of guys catering to her every need.
- In her very first appearance in 1940 Catwoman escaped thanks to this trope. She was onboard a yacht and stole a jewel before being captured by Batman... who then allowed her to escape (and 'accidently' bumped into Robin to stop him interveneing to catch her.) While she wasn't a noticably vile villainess there also weren't any additional sympathetic reason for letting her go either, just that Batman found her sexy.
- Spoofed in Bill Plympton's short Luv Race, with three athletes literally racing to do favors for a very attractive girl.
- On Friends, Rachel gave Tag his job because he was attractive.
- WKRP in Cincinnati: old men give lots of stuff to Jennifer - fur coats and such. She doesn't ask for them and she doesn't "give" them anything in return, aside from some genuinely friendly company.
- In Tokimeki Memorial, Mira Kagami's devoted fan club is full of boys doing this, and she fully exploits them as part of her Revenge of the Nerd plan.
- El Goonish Shive has a man attempt to invoke this, blurring the distinction between this and I Have Boobs, You Must Obey!, because this is the discussed trope.
- In one episode of The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Dr. Robotnik builds a robot named Breezy that looks like a sexy female hedgehog. His intent is that she will use this effect to send Sonic on various wild goose chases, distracting him from the doctor's real scheme.
- In the 2010 Pound Puppies episode "The General," the title character turns out to be a fluffy pink poodle who has this effect on male dogs, and uses it to get various acts of puppy-rescuing done.
- Jenny in Return of Raggedy Android on My Life as a Teenage Robot gets offered many "frosty beverages" when she walks in wearing her human form skin.
- In the Beach Episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender, Ty Lee makes good use of this, being surrounded by beach-bums within seconds of her arrival. Minutes later, she's got two of them fanning her, one bringing her drinks, and another standing in just the right place to keep the sun off her face.
- Quinn has boys doing this all the time on Daria.
- Xiaolin Showdown: All of the boys fawn over Dyris, the mermaid, much to Kimiko's irritation...until Dyris shows Kimiko how it's done.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.