Needs a Better Title?
Basically wearing a snake (real or fake) as though it's a fashion accessory. As shown in the pic, this can often be seen with a Jungle Princess
, The Chief's Daughter
, or a Nubile Savage
A Femme Fatale
or Dragon Lady
would use a poisonous one, to show she has some connection with these creatures.
Rock singers might also wear one, just to look Badass
In Real Life
, it's actually a practical way to carry some snakes (as long as you do it right). In fiction, it's meant to give a "wild and untamed" look to the wearer.
Compare Right-Hand Cat
- Margaret from One Piece, shown in the picture.
- Her boss, Boa Hancock, is also a major offender.
- In the first Wayne's World, Cassandra was shooting a music video, while wearing a fake snake.
- Salma Hayek in From Dusk Till Dawn.
- Sour Grapes from Strawberry Shortcake wears her pet snake Dregs in this manner.
- A few items on Gaia Online are snakes that you can wear in this way, including a white one called David Boa.
- Poison Ivy does this in Batman & Robin when she "returns to life" at the start of the movie.
- Zhora from Blade Runner.
- Marvel Universe villainess Princess Python usually has a snake draped around her shoulders.
- Britney Spears used one during some MTV event.
- Patricia Paiwonski in Robert A. Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land.
- Barbara Carrera famously posed nude with a snake covering her naughty bits. Here's◊ an actually safe for work version.
- Many a fine promo by Jake "the Snake" Roberts features him with Damian or Lucifer draped around his neck.