Don't See The Resemblance YKTTW Discussion
|Don't See The Resemblance|
Two (or more) characters look alike, but they refuse to admit it.
Is This Tropable?? Rolling Updates. Seen It a Million Times. There are two (possibly more) characters who seem to look exactly like each other, or at least bare a strong resemblance to each other. However, the two characters, often after a long time of contemplating each other's appearance, admit that they don't see any similarities. Worth noting that in Live-Action TV shows and Films, that the characters are often played by the same actor, usually for Rule of Funny. Can cross over with Celebrity Paradox, and can be lampshaded when there's Only Six Faces Compare Strong Family Resemblance, where there can be a similar situation between two people related to each other. Also compare Identical Stranger.
- Disney Ducks Comic Universe: Huey, Dewey and Louie in the comic, "An Eye for Detail" by Don Rosa, likely in many more stories too.
- In the remake of The Parent Trap, Annie realises her resemblance to Halle early on, while Halle doesn't quite get it until Annie shows her a picture of their father.
- In an episode of The Nanny, there is an Arab Oil Sheikh who looks a lot like Mr. Sheffield. When they meet each other in person at the end of the episode, they take one look at each other and simultaneously proclaim that they don't see the resemblance.
- Also from The Nanny and double's as a Celebrity Paradox when Fran Fine meets Fran Dresser
- Rachel of Friends dates a guy named Russ who looks and acts just like Ross, except for a different hairstyle and an odd looking chin. Ross and Russ meet, and Ross makes fun of his speech patterns (which are the same as his) and calls him a goober. He never catches on, and Rachel denies it until the end of the episode.
- One episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog reveals that Eustace's father looks exactly like him, but with a beard. Eustace insists that they look nothing alike.