Power For Powers Sake YKTTW Discussion
|Power For Powers Sake|
I want to be stronger. Why? To be stronger of course!
- "What do all men with power want? More power."--The Oracle, The Matrix Reloaded
- Dragon Ball: Goku's initial motivation, though he does start off with his own set of morals, it is only through Character Development that he expands those morals into a desire to use his power to protect others. Though this motivation never disappears completely as it is the reason for him entering the world martial arts tournament and his continued Training from Hell between Big Bads.
- The Matrix: Le Merovingian, as the subject of the page quote.
- Madonna's More http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNn_HNqg7HA
- Fire Emblem Elibe: The motivation for a number of characters from Blazing Sword
- Nergal due to Motive Decay " Why? Why must I lose? More power... I must be...stronger... I... Why? Why did I... want power? [[hottip:*: ......Quintessence? ...Don't...under...stand... but... Gaa...]]"
- Teodor models himself after the example who have come before him to take on this motivation "This is what I spoke of.... if only I had more power..."
- and Bartre serves as a heroic example in the game, and he appears in Fūin no Tsurugi as well. If he thinks you're strong, he'll ask you to punch him as hard as you can.