Needs More Examples
Two characters team up to seduce their crush together
. Sure, in the past, they've both failed to secure the third party's affections, but who would ever turn down TWO PEOPLE
hitting on them, or two girls or two guys
making out with each other?
An alternate version of this trope can be the two teaming up to put the desired character in a situation which would give either (or both) of them a chance to seduce him/her individually. For example, coming up with the idea to do an activity which needs three people, and then both try to get their beloved alone.
Another form of this trope is when the two give each other pointers. Alice points out that if Carol showed off a little more cleavage, she'd look ten times hotter, and Carol admits that if Alice would reign in her bad habits and behave more lady-like
, she'd be much easier to approach.
Both do their best to cooperate with each other, and then come at their Love Interest
with guns blazing. Alternatively, two guys could do the same--as could seducers of two different genders.
The seducers also don't explicitly have to be "rivals". They can merely be two individuals who realize that the have a mutual crush and decide that they stand a better chance trying to seduce him/her together than alone.
There are three typical outcomes to this situation:
- The crush STILL doesn't crack and the wacky hijinks continue.
- They manage to reign the crush in, but their rivalry, or unwillingness to share, ruins things.
- Everybody's happy.
Related to: Rivals Team Up
, Teeth-Clenched Teamwork
Sometimes overlaps with A Threesome is Manly
(a guy wants to do something sexual with another guy, and so includes a girl to make it less "gay").
Anime & Manga
- In Bleach, this was suggested by the Cloud Cuckoo Lander Orihime, but laughed off as silly.
- In Onegai Twins, Mina and Karen team up for an episode to seduce Maiku in a mistaken attempt to turn him straight.
- In Persona 4's anime adaptation of the King's Game, Rise and Yukiko ensure the game is very lewd and sexual. However, things go a step further in the anime, when the protagonist winds up having all three of his potential romantic interests follow the perverse rules to have their own quality time with him (although Chie is clearly embarassed).
- This is the point behind Naruto's harem jutsu. To explain, Naruto invented a prank called "Sexy Jutsu" which transforms him into a naked woman. Also, his signature ability is to create dozens, or even hundreds of copies of himself. Do the math.
- Betty and Veronica of Archie Comics have pulled this trick a few times, usually with a Type 2 ending. Since the two girls are best friends, though, Type 3 endings are rare but not completely out of the question (in a PG-rated sense, of course).
- This is pretty much the ending of The Pyrates, with the Chaste Hero being approached by all of his potential love interests. It ends without showing the resolution.
- In Persona 4, something close to this is what Rise and Yukiko try to pull during the King's Game, when it's Yu's turn to be the King. Both of them make sure that the game is as lewd and perverse as possible, on the off chance that either of them will be picked.