DiscardedYKTTW Pre-Designed Trope Systems: Central Tropes YKTTW Discussion
|Pre-Designed Trope Systems: Central Tropes|
How tropes in a story revolve around center tropesTropeworthy? Motion To Discard Already have? Motion To Discard Motion To Discard Needs Examples Needs Examples Needs Examples
A Pre-Designed Trope System is a system of tropes the author set into play consistently. In this case, it's how tropes in the story are used to construct, de-construct, subvert the central tropesthemes. Notice the plural. This type of trope framework gives the story a distinct flavor and makes the story easy to grasp, since the ideas are organized. You know you have the central tropes when you can use other tropes in the story point to it. The examples should include how the other tropes revolve around the central tropes, or how certain tropes were on purpose not evoked because of limiting vision of the central themes. Use this page to help you find the central tropes: Sum This Up In One Trope
- Dragon Ball Z: My Kung-Fu Is Stronger Than Yours - Tropes that make this happen include tournament tropes, villains threatneing the planet tropes, intensive training tropes,etc.
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Power at a Price
- Ranma ˝: Gender Bender
- The Old World of Darkness:
- Vampire: The Masquerade: Our Vampires Are Different.
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse: Our Werebeasts Are Different, Our Werewolves Are Different.
- Mage: The Ascension: Functional Magic.
- Wraith The Oblivion: Our Ghosts Are Different.
- Changeling The Dreaming: Our Fairies Are Different.
- Demon The Fallen: Our Demons Are Different, Our Angels Are Different.
- Mummy The Resurrection: Our Zombies Are Different.
- The New World of Darkness:
- Dave: Emergency Impersonation
- Despicable Me: Mad Scientist
- Kill Bill: Roaring Rampage of Revenge
- Wreck-It Ralph: Animated Actor, Punch Clock Villain
- The Man Who Knew Too Little: And You Thought It Was a Game, Mistaken for Badass
- Gormenghast: Dysfunction Junction
- Inkheart: Reality-Writing Book
- Harry Potter: Wizarding School
- Redshirts: Red Shirt
- Monkey Island: The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything
- The Neverhood: Ontological Mystery
- Shadow Of Destiny: Set Right What Once Went Wrong, Whodunnit to Me
- The Ace Combat series: Ace Pilot.
- Brütal Legend: Heavy Mithril.
- The Assassin's Creed series: Professional Killer.
- Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood: Thicker Than Water.
- Diablo: Plunder.
- Dragon Age II: You Cannot Fight Fate.
- Dreamfall: The Longest Journey: Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life.
- The Duke Nukem series: Rated M for Manly.
- The The Elder Scrolls series: Wide Open Sandbox.
- Final Fantasy XIII: Screw Destiny.
- Final Fantasy XIII-2: You Cannot Fight Fate.
- Grandia II: Black and White Morality.
- Heavy Rain: Adult Fear.
- The Longest Journey: It's the Journey That Counts.
- Mass Effect 2: Earn Your Happy Ending.
- Mirror's Edge: Le Parkour.
- No One Lives Forever: Tuxedo and Martini.
- Planescape: Torment: Role-Playing Game (meta self-examination).
- The Portal series: For Science! (theme), Teleporters and Transporters (gameplay).
- Tribes: Vengeance: Cycle of Revenge.
- HAWX: Ace Pilot
- X-Universe: An Entrepreneur Is You
- The Disgaea series: Noble Demon, (can apply to most other Nippon Ichi games really)