Casinos. A place of gambling and neon lights. But it also turns out that they make good Videogame Settings
These tend to be wacky. And big. A level filled with giant poker chips, playing cards, roulettes and the like. Most likely as platforms, or hazards
. Slot machines usually have an effect on gameplay. Most commonly found in platformers. Seems to be present regardless of the Periphery Demographic's age
They could also be more realistic, but if it's really grounded in reality, just don't bother.
. May overlap
with Pinball Zone
, Toy Time
and possibly Amusement Park
. May also be related to Viva Las Vegas
and The Casino
Not to be confused with Golden Saucer
, although one may be present within.
- Sonic the Hedgehog:
- Super Mario Bros..:
- Super Mario Sunshine has "Casino Delfino" in Sirena Beach's Hotel Delfino. It is a little less wacky than most examples of this type, but isn't normal enough. Played straight with King Boo's arena.
- Mario Hoops 3-On-3 has Jr. Street, which features a slot machine that affects the score when you shoot or dunk.
- Mario Sports Mix has Bowser Jr. Blvd., which lacks the slot machine but has icons on the ground that affect the points when a player scores while standing on one.
- Mario Party 7's Neon Heights board is a combination of this and Broadway.
- Wario Land: Shake It! has an area in World 3 called City of Neon, consisting of Glittertown and Neon City.
- Parts of Delight City in NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams are lit up with flashy neons and bright shapes. Much like the real Las Vegas though, the other parts resemble a more ordinary city.
- Elite Beat Agents has the "Rock This Town" level.
- Mega Man Battle Network: Transmission The Arcade level. Everything in it screams casino, while having nothing to do with arcades...
- Ape Escape 2 has Casino City as its eighth level. The stage prominently features slot machines that allow the player to rack up a large amount of coins.
- Part of Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus is set in Mesa City, a place big on gambling. As such, the city has a lot of casinos, and several levels take place inside them.
- Ratchet And Clank: Up Your Arsenal features a level with several slot machines.
- Every Dragon Quest game after the first has a "casino town" where you can gamble to get new equipment.
- F Zero GX has Vegas Palace (AKA Casino Palace, depending on the region).
- Dead Rising 2 is set in the town of Fortune City, a replacement for Las Vegas after it was bombed due to a zombie outbreak.
- Rainbow Six: Vegas naturally has several of these.
- Fallout: New Vegas. Natch.
- Casino Land in MadWorld.
- Metal Wolf Chaos has a level near the end where you duke it out in a casino at the start.
- The third mission in Bonanza Bros. takes place in a casino. Depending on whether or not you're playing a Bowdlerized version, either the Casino Executives are corrupt and you're stealing evidence, you're testing an elaborate security system, or it's just a straight-up heist.
- High Rollerz from Gruntz.
, Needs More Examples