Up for Grabs, Rolling Updates. Normally, people in a professional line of work must keep their romantic inclinations in check at the office. However, sometimes, in the heat of the moment, UST simply must be resolved. They're at the office, so might as well just do it on the desk. This may or may not involve Necktie Leash kissing or the wanton shuffling of papers onto the floor to make way for some "pencil pushing". Can be used to show the otherwise-professional letting their hair down, or as a Take That! to the boss or someone else in a position of authority.
- Deception Point: Senator Sexton and his assistant, Gabrielle, have a desktop tryst in his office, photos of which are later used as blackmail.
- In Better Off Ted, a flashback/security footage of Ted's hookup with Veronica shows them having sex on top of a work desk. Veronica accidentally deleted an important e-mail with her foot during the act.
- Conviction: ADA's Alex Cabot and Jim Steele engage in after-hours sex on top of Jim's work desk.
- In the first episode of Crownies, Ben and Julie sneak into the office after the Christmas party to have sex on Ben's boss's desk.
- On Friends when Phoebe dates David the Scientist Guy...
Phoebe: Were you planning on kissing me ever?David: Uh, that's definitely a, uh, valid question. And, uh, the answer would be (Writes YES on the board) yes. Yes I was. But, see, I wanted it to be this phenomenal kiss that happened at this phenomenal moment, because, well, 'cause it's you.Phoebe: Sure.David: Right. But, see, the longer I waited, the more phenomenal the kiss had to be, and now we've reached a place where it's just gotta be one of those things where I just like... sweep everything off the table and throw you down on it. And, uh, I'm not really a, uh, sweeping sorta fella.
- Herman's Head: Herman catches Heddy in a vulnerable moment, and they do this on their boss's desk. The boss figures it out, and isn't happy.
- Seinfeld: George lost his job after having sex with one of the cleaning women on his desk. He said he didn't know that wasn't allowed.
Mr. Lippman: It has come to my attention that you and the cleaning woman have engaged in sexual intercourse on the desk in your office. Is that correct?George: Who said that?Mr. Lippman: She did.George: Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell ya, I've gotta plead ignorance on this, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon...'cause I've worked in a lot of offices and people do that all the time.
- In the Zen episode "Ratking". Zen and his lover violate the new boss's rules and make love on the boss's desk. There's a laugh when the desk falls down while the boss is using it. Later, as the boss is leaving (and Zen is preparing to temporarily take the job), Zen tells him what they did.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.