Shonen Hair YKTTW Discussion
Needs a Better Title. Should We Have This One?? Specific case of Anime Hair, that happens often in Shōnen series. One or more of the characters, usually protagonists, have specific hairstyle - his hair are in mess, bluge on all sides and often looks like some kind of spikes. This hairstyle dosn't have to, but often comes in pair with short temper and nature somewhere between rebel, free spirit and Chaotic Good. Somebody coudl assume it's suppose to symbolize hero's dispespect for existing rules. Or his dislike for hairdressers.
- Dragon Ball characters are often close to this, especially Goku in his non Super Sayian form.
- Interestinc example in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - while Kaimna is this trope played straight, Simon's hairstyle become more and more like this each time he Takes A level In Badass.
- Naruto, and few his friends, like Kiba.
- Ichigo Kurosaki.
- Bleach both averts this one and plays it straight. For example, among the Espada Grimmjow has this hair, belying his combative nature. However Nnoitra is just as confrontational, but has neat, straight hair - closer in style to Ishida than Ichigo. In addition, when Grimmjow releases, his hair actually gets straighter (probably due to becoming longer.)
- Monkey D. Luffy, who can hide it when he wears his straw hat.
- Jotaro Kujo was revealed to have this when he lost his cap.
- Both Tetsuya Tsurugi and Kouji Kabuto from Mazinger Z and Great Mazinger.
- At last one kid for each Digimon series.
- Loads of characters in Pokémon.
- Iki from Air Gear
- Shobu Kirafuda from Duel Masters
- Fighter and Cloud Strife and Zidane and Tidus and... Iss there a pattern here?
- Many people in Yu-Gi-Oh! universe:
- Battler from Umineko no Naku Koro ni, despite it's not a shonen.
- Main character from Yaiba.
- Most of protagonists and villains in Saint Seyia.