Think of the last movie you saw. During the romantic Crowning Moment of Heartwarming, there was probably a sweet, soft song in the background. That "song" would be this trope. In real life, couples try to come up with "that one special song" that represents their relationship. It's no different than in fiction. Often, a main couple in a fiction work will have a song about the two of them, and their relationship. These can be found in films, television and even anime. This song might also be playing in their Falling-in-Love Montage Another thing to note-many, many love theme songs will become an Award-Bait Song.
- Oh Crystal Dragon Jesus,Disney.
- Snow White has Someday My Prince Will Come, Sleeping Beauty has Once Upon A Dream, The Little Mermaid has Kiss The Girl, Aladdin has A Whole New World,The Lion King has Can You Feel The Love Tonight, Hercules has I Won't Say I'm In Love (though it was more about Meg coming to grips with her feelings about Hercules.) and recently, The Princess and the Frog has Evangeline.
- Hiccup and Astrid from How to Train Your Dragon have one, titled Romatic Flight.
- Titanic has "My Heart Will Go On, one of the most famous Love Themes of all time.
- The Twilight movies had "Bella's Lullaby," a song Edward created just for Bella.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.