Cobweb Trampoline YKTTW Discussion
A spiderweb is used as a trampoline.Tropeworthy? Needs Examples
Is This Tropeable? Alongside mushrooms, jello molds, and fat people's stomachs, another common item that can be used as a trampoline are cobwebs. It depends on whether or not there will be a spider inhabiting it, just as long as the cobweb is facing upwards or slightly tilted to the side, but not too much. You can expect this to show up in media, particularly Video Games.
Needs More Examples
- From The Last Continent:
Rincewind: I don't mind putting my hand up to killing a few spiders. But it was me or them, I mean some of those come at you at head height --Scrappy: You changed history.Rincewind: Oh, come on, a few spiders don't make that much difference,some of them were using their webs as trampolines, it was a case of "boing" and next moment --
- In the first Bubsy game Claws Encounters Of The Furry Kind, Bubsy comes across these kinds of spiderwebs in Levels 13, 14, and 15 in the jungle stage.
- The Legend of Zelda:
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap has cobwebs in some dungeons that will bounce Link off of them. You normally need to clear them away with the Gust Jar.
- In The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Link (the player) can do this on the large central cobweb in the Deku Tree until he jumps from higher up, at which point it breaks and lets you into the basement levels.
- Averted completely in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - you touch the cobwebs, you take damage.
- In Musashi Samurai Legend you can bounce on certain webs in order to jump higher.
- In Disney's Aladdin: Nasira's Revenge for the PlayStation, there's a level in an oasis where you can use the large webs from the resident large spiders as a trampoline. Subverted in the Boss Battle of that level: you fight a colossal spider on a web, and you can't jump nor run on it.
- Rayman 2 has several spider-webs that it is mandatory to bounce off of, to go alongside with the webs that Rayman can climb. The spiders that made the webs even come out to attack you, in some locations.
- The Ed, Edd n Eddy game "Scam of the Century" features this.
- In the PC game Donald Duck Goin' Quackers, there are cobweb trampolines in the Haunted House-themed levels.
- In Donkey Kong Country 2, one of the boxed animals that you can ride is an enormous spider, whose special move is to spit out perfect round spiderwebs, which can be frozen in mid-air and used as trampolines.
- Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy used this in a mine level infested with insects.
- In Pokémon X and Y, there's a section where players can bounce on large spiderwebs.
- In Sonic Riders, gigantic cobwebs appear at the end of Green Cave and White Cave, which bounce the racers back to the start/finish line.
- The Prague levels in Sly 2: Band of Thieves have these.
- Mr. Bogus bounces on one of these inside the walls of the house in the opening intro of the show.
- Averted in one episode of Adventure Time. Jake gets caught in a spider web, and Finn tries to bounce himself off of it.
Needs More Examples