Do We Have This One??, Rolling Updates
Alice is dating Bob. Things start to get heavy, they sleep together...and, the next morning, Bob announces that he realizes he's gay
through the act of sleeping with Alice.
So...Alice goes on the rebound. And the same thing happens again with Charlie. And again
with Dave. And yet again
All of her old boyfriends could say, "Alice Made Me Gay
!" by her for some reason; maybe her personality is insufferable
, maybe she's just a Horrible Judge of Character
, or maybe she's a Gonk
up close, If You Know What I Mean
The inverse of Closet Key
. Compare Rape and Switch
, where the sex isn't consensual, but the outcome is the same. Contrast Even the Guys Want Him
and Even the Girls Want Her
A common outcome for the Fag Hag
- For one gag on American Dad!, Bullock's fat, ugly girlfriend takes off her shirt in the middle of the living room. Klaus says "...and just like that, I'm gay."
- In Clerks: The Animated Series, all Randal's old high-school girlfriends are now butch lesbians. Randal takes this to mean that he is "the ultimate male".
- On The Simpsons When Lisa is the object of a crush, she wants to let the boy down easy. Homer suggests "six simple words: 'I'm not gay, but I'll learn.'"
- Also, Selma once quipped "Well, there goes the last traces of my heterosexuality," after a naked Homer ran past.
- Condie Ling, the Fag Hag of Rick & Steve: The Happiest Gay Couple in All the World, is said to have turned Rick gay.
- In Profiles, one character's girlfriends tend to dump him and become lesbians.
- One of the Leisure Suit Larry games ended with Larry marrying an Native Princess on a tropical island. The next one has her divorce him and become a lesbian. It's never spelled up, but considering that he previously NAMED the Casanova Wannabe trope, it's probably fair to assume that Larry 'worked his magic', so to say...