Do we have the trope of the "blind seer"? (Not to be confused with Waif Prophet
This is when a person with psychic abilities will have either some or complete vision impairment, or else brings attention to their eyes.
- Meg Foster played a blind psychic in some (cop show? movie?). Her eyes (real, not contacts), of course, are an amazing silver-blue colour.
- Some psychic characters will wear sunglasses indoors. If not sunglasses, then very thick prescription lenses.
- Donald Sutherland's character was a consulting psychic in "Murder By Decree". He was not exactly blind, but he was frail and his caretaker kept the curtains closed and the lights dim. (okay, that's a lot like Waif Prophet
- Peter Sellers as Dr. Strangelove wears round dark glasses. He's not psychic, as such, but he makes predictions as to how things will play out.
- Can't remember the show, but I'm pretty sure there's one where a totally blind guy was driving a car (or truck?) at high speeds.
- The Oldest Ones in the Book
example - Tiresias, in The Odyssey, Antigone, Oedipus Rex, etc. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiresias