Rolling Updates Indexes: I Need an Index by Monday, Friendly Fire Index, This Index Is Expendable, Characters as Device, Death Tropes
- "Do you even know the mortality rate of you internship program?! "- Intern Maureen, Welcome to Night Vale
open/close all folders
- Played straight and parodied on X-Play. During numerous skits/reviews, the hosts and staff would abuse, torment, and subject the "interns" to various punishments and horrors for the sake of comedy. Some of these "interns" weren't actually interns at all, though, and were actually other staff and producers of the show portraying a character.
- The Late Show with David Letterman: In one episode a man who had invented a new super-powered pogo stick is demonstrating it outside the theater. Dave has the man pogo stick over a row of interns, since even if he does accidentally hurt one it won't matter. note
- You Don't Know Jack treats interns quite badly. Sometimes even getting them killed.
- In Welcome to Night Vale it's a Running Gag that the interns are sent out to investigate things that are unnatural even by Night Vale's standards and won't live past an episode. The only exceptions are Intern Dana (or her double) who spends her time reporting back from in Night Vale's worst Eldritch Abomination invested locations or flicking in and out of existence with no escape in sight until being elected mayor, Intern Maureen who spent a good deal of time blinking in and out of existence like Dana and main character Cecil himself when he was a teen. Who even then, was implied to have died and been brought back somehow. It's worth noting the official Welcome To Night Vale intern shirts are red.
- Occasionally crops up in Acquisitions Incorporated, such as when Omin the CEO tries to magically convert their current intern into gold on accounts that they can always hire more.
- Dinosaur Office has Terry eat the Intern, a young parasaurolophus, every time he appears.
- On Total Drama Island the interns are sent to test the poor quality challenges for safety. They are usually severely injured or die horribly in the process, but the challenge will get a seal of safety anyway. Interestingly, most of the intern designs are based on the prototype designs of the main cast or they're designs based on contest winners.
- On Archer ISIS interns in Krieger's lab are typically used as test subjects and die horribly as a result.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.