Do We Have This One?? A character operating a vehicle is in a tight spot; there's something blocking the path, someplace too high and/or far to reach, etc. What to do? Look for something that would be remotely be used as a ramp, or just build one, to perform a Ramp Jump.
Examples:Anime and Manga
- Black Lagoon: Rock uses a derelict ship to ramp the titular boat, then fire a torpedo directly into an attack helicopter.
- Diamonds Are Forever: while in a chase with police cars in a parking lot, James Bond uses an overturned car as an Improvised Ramp to jump his car to safety.
- The Man with the Golden Gun has a cool broken-bridge improvised ramp that leads to the car making a 360 degree jump.
- Speed: a Broken Bridge is used as an improvised ramp (I believe the Mythbusters tried it ... turns out the filmmakers cheated and used CGI).
- The 2000 remake of Gone in Sixty Seconds used an improvised ramp near the end to bring to a close the big chase scene.
- Chapter one of Feed ends this way. George uses a hill as an improvised ramp.
- The Adventures of Dr. McNinja has these two examples and gives us the quote "Man is only separated from heaven by that which he will not ramp"
- Jonny Quest episode "Mystery Of the Lizard Men'': while escaping enemy agents in the Sargasso Sea, Race Bannon and his pursuers both use an overturned boat as a ramp to jump their boats high in the air. The 2nd time, Race uses it to turn his hydrofoil into a deadly weapon.
- Gwen in Ben 10: Ultimate Alien makes her own ramp out of Anodite magic.
- Cars: Lightning McQueen uses a wrecked competitor during a race.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.