Funny Animal character might be shown reaching into their pockets to pull out any number of things. But if said character is a pants-less Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal, or doesn't wear clothes at all, they might suddenly have pockets in their fur (or feathers, or scales) that they reach into. Humans or furless characters don't usually have this in animation, probably because it would be Nightmare Fuel for the viewer. In Real Life, marsupials would have this (though only around the stomach, of course). In cartoons, however, both males and females will have them and keep things in them. Related to Hammerspace and Fur Is Clothing. Needs More ExamplesIn animation, a
- Bugs Bunny has been known to do this in some shorts, keeping his hands in his apparent pockets at his sides.
- Wakko from Animaniacs has been shown to pull things out of his apparent pockets.
- The Tick once discovered he had pockets. This disturbed him
- Courage the Cowardly Dog had a Hammer Space Skin Pocket, and could this pull out stuff several times his size.
- One of the Whitebeard Pirates in One Piece has a zipper on his body that he can unzip and pull objects out of.
- In World of Darkness, the vissisitude power (fleshsculpting - great for creating Body Horror and upgrading mooks) has this as Mundane Utility.
- Spike from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic pulls a gemstone out of his scale pocket in the episode "A Dog and Pony Show".
- Squidward from SpongeBob SquarePants does this.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.