One person in a set of identical individuals is found more attractive than the others. Compare Informed Attractiveness and Invisible Subtle Difference.
- Parodied in Mad's version of Archie: "Biddy" and "Salonica" are as exactly identical as possible other than hair color, yet "Starchie" prefers Salonica.
- Serenity: Fanty and Mingo.
Mal: [greeting the twins] Fanty. Mingo.Mingo: He's Mingo.Mal: He's Fanty. You're Mingo.Mingo: How is it you always know?Mal: Fanty's prettier.
- Joey feels this way about Phoebe's twin Ursula in Friends. Rendered ironic by the fact that Lisa Kudrow played both.
- Happy Days: Ralph and Potsie are living downstairs from a pair of twins, Daisy and Masie. Ralph thinks they look exactly the same, but Potsie says Masie has whiter teeth.
- In one Star Trek: TOS episode, Spock logic bombs two identical robots by announcing that he loves one and hates the other.
- Stephanie and Kimmy from Full House fight over which identical twin is cuter. DJ points out the absurdity of that.
- The Simpsons: In "Hungry, Hungry Homer" Homer sets Bart up with Sherri only to be told by Bart that Terri is the one he has a crush on.
- In the South Park episode "Quintuplets 2000" according to Cartman the second quintuplet from the left was the most attractive.
- On Johnny Test, Bling-Bling Boy has a crush on Susan Test, but couldn't care less about her twin sister Mary.
Hello, Unkown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable