Only School In Town
The tendency for children/teen focused television shows to depict every main character going to the exact same school.
- Family Matters. Given that Urkel was infinitely smarter than anybody else at his respective high school and that he was mercilessly teased and bullied there, one must really wonder why he didn't just transfer to another school. Since the show takes place in suburban Chicago, there had to be plenty of other schools he could've attended. Including schools for ridiculously gifted kids like him.
- Saved by the Bell takes this a step further by theoretically having every single activity and event take place at Bayside.
- Given its otherwise realistic portrayal of high school, My So-Called Life played this trope surprisingly straight. Just about every high school kid in town attends Liberty High with no acknowledgement of any other high schools in the area.
- Partially averted on Beverly Hills 90210. The show makes it clear that there are other schools in the area, as transfer students are quite common. Rarely, however, do we actually see these schools on the show.
- Peanuts. Every kid in both the strip and the cartoon series attends the exact same school and has the exact same classes together.
- Doug is a particularly egregious example. Literally every elementary-aged kid in Bluffington attends the Bluffington School, even Al and Moo (who, for all intents and purposes, should be attending a private school for gifted children).
- South Park was almost as egregious as Doug. Given all the other things that town has (a Walmart, a planetarium, etc.), it seems strange that only one elementary school was ever built there. I know it's supposed to be an isolated mountain town but still...
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable