Created By: Prime32 on October 24, 2009
A staple of That One Boss, this is a particular attack in an enemy's arsenal which is significantly more dangerous than most of its attacks. If you have a party, it will almost always target all party members, and it often takes off the majority of your HP, causes seriously debilitating status effects, or both. This attack showing up even once is always bad news; if the A.I. Roulette gives you two in a row, expect to see the Game Over screen. Whether or not you can beat That One Boss that uses this attack usually depends entirely on whether not you can avoid/endure/recover from it. Seen It a Million Times; here are the examples I can think of: RPG:
- Cruel Ruin and Djinn Storm from Golden Sun: The Lost Age's Doom Dragon.
- Butterfly Storm from Persona's Pandora.
- Night Queen from Persona 3's Nyx Avatar.
- Dark Embrace from Persona 3 FES's Erebus.
- Megidoladyne from Devil Survivor's Lucifer.
- Particle Beam from Final Fantasy III DS's Cloud of Darkness.
- Big Bang from Final Fantasy IV's Zeromus.
- Sporefall from Final Fantasy XII's Elder Wyrm.
- Illude from Final Fantasy Tactics A2's Illua.
- "Off Waves", Tabuu's instant-kill red ring attack from Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.