An example of Real Life Writes The Plot, where an artist write an album largely (or entirely) dealing with the demise of a relationship. It can show Creator Breakdown or Anti Love Songs, depending on the artist's feelings. Examples include:
- Blue Moves by Elton John, many songs of which concern lyricist Bernie Taupin's divorce from first wife Maxine Feibelmann.
- Minstrel In The Gallery by Jethro Tull, partly about bandleader Ian Anderson's divorce from first wife Jennie.
- Breakout by Miley Cyrus, largely about her breakup with first boyfriend Nick Jonas.
- Face Value by Phil Collins, concerning his divorce to first wife Andrea Bertollini.
- Us by Peter Gabriel, dealing with his divorce from first wife Jill, breakup with girlfriend Rosanna Arquette, and broken relations with his children.
- Walls And Bridges by John Lennon, with songs about a separation from Yoko Ono.
Hello, Unkown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable