An index of tropes concerned with the physiology (i.e. bodily functions and activities) of organisms. For tropes that specifically pertain to the physiology of pregnancy, please go to the sister index Pregnancy Tropes. Contrast Anatomy Tropes, which is about the anatomy (i.e. bodily form and structure) organisms.
- 90% of Your Brain Gaining superhuman powers through the utilization of (supposedly) "untapped" brainpower.
- The Ageless This living being does not suffer from the process of senescence (i.e. old age).
- Cast From Calories Magic (or some other supernatural power) is fueled by calories from the caster's own body.
- Healing Factor Possession of an abnormal rate of healing from injuries and illnesses.
- Hormone-Addled Teenager Adolescents are ruled by their hormones and think about sex all the time.
- Hyperactive Metabolism When metabolism works at a mind-boggingly fast rate.
- The Immune A character that has immunity to The Virus or a disease in his or her body.
- Master of Your Domain The power of conscious control over normally autonomic body functions.
- My Blood Runs Hot A character has an abnormally high body temperature.
- The Needless A character lacks one or more things that are normally indispensible needs for a living organism.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space The power to indefinitely survive direct exposure to vacuum (e.g. outer space).
- Bottomless Bladder No need for excreting bodily wastes.
- Eating Optional No need for food.
- Perpetual-Motion Monster This monster does not need to eat, drink, or sleep, and will just keep on going and going forever until someone or something finally destroys it.
- The Sleepless No need for sleep.
- Super Not-Drowning Skills A character can stay underwater for undefined period of time.
- No Biochemical Barriers They evolved on different worlds, but somehow have the same physiology.
- Uninhibited Muscle Power Gaining a brief burst of Super Strength by temporarily removing your innate limiters on your muscles' output.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.