Needs More Examples, Needs More Potential Conditions For Death Previously named Instant Death Condition. In most fiction works, there's a few situations that are widely accepted to be deadly, as long as there's a certain set of conditions that are met. In pure modus ponens fashion, if condition A happens and condition B happens, then condition Death is sure to occur, as if triggering an Event Flag. For example, say that there is a Mook in a warfare setting. This Mook fights the heroes in tight formation with other fellow Mooks, and wields a flamethrower. This flamethrower is fueled by a large gas canister strapped to his back. Guess what happens. Of course, there are many more possibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Standing too near of a ledge towering over a Bottomless Pit on which one could fall very easily.
- Standing dangerously near an easily breakable wall to outer space in a spaceship.
- Being present in a laboratory where experiments are being made on weird creatures in easily breakable test tubes.
- Discovering an Incredibly Obvious Bomb within only a few seconds of its detonation.
- Walking in the proximity of a fence with a large "High Voltage" warning and/or with a huge power transformer in sight. (Unless you are a 10 year old kiddo named Tim.)
- In a horror setting, getting inside a car alone, without checking the back seat.
- For that matter, just going on your own in a horror setting.
- The aforementioned flamethrower condition occurs in Black Lagoon; Claude Weaver is a professional killer who specialises in flamethrowers, and is the only hitman who ends up dead in the Carnival of Killers episode.
- Pretty much everyone who scuba swims in Jaws is asking for it.
- In Mass Effect 2, there's a sequence where a Krogan clan leader has Shepard's squad surrounded by his men. As he brags about how the research they found is going to render them the most powerful clan on the galaxy, the camera slowly shifts towards the place where he is standing, which turns out to be a walkway on top of a fuel tube with a large "Danger - Explosives" sticker symbol on it. Most players would guess what the renegade prompt does whitout having triggered it.
- In Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Mami confesses to Madoka how afraid she is in being a Puella Magi and how it made her feel so alone. Madoka then comforts Mami, saying she would stay by her side. Feeling relieved and empowered that she finally has someone she can trust after being alone for so long, she heads off to fight the witch. Sadly, due to Madoka setting of Mami's death flag, she dies soon after by having her head chewed off.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.