Some people just have no connection to what the other person is saying.
You could say this about Pucci: she was easy to confide in because she never bothered to listen. She used the time to think about what to say next.Usually when people talk to each other they make an attempt to engage with the other person and what they are saying. They politely waiting their turn to speak, follow with the other person's thoughts and link what they want to say with what the other person just said. Not for these guys, however. A lot of characters will just have a conversation where Person A's speech runs nowhere near Person B's. There are a few relatively common versions of this:
--Cosmo Lavish, Making Money
- Person A is less intelligent (or Person B is extremely intelligent, and is discussing extremely intelligent things) and simply cannot keep up with what they are saying. This often results in them just sticking to what they know, or abandoning altogether. May be caused by Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness .
- Person A is arrogant or self-absorbed and is not even listening to what Person B is saying, meaning their conversation bounces around randomly on Person A's whims. This often ends up being Played For Laughs .
- Person B moves through topics too fast for Person A to keep up. In such cases Person B is often an exaggerated Genki Girl, but can work with other character types too.
- Persons B speaks a language Person A does not understand, leaving Person A to guess Person B's meaning. If translations are provided for the audience may lead to Bilingual Bonus / Fun With Foreign Languages.
- As mentioned above, most examples from Fun With Foreign Languages, Bilingual Bonus and any similar tropes fit as a Type IV here.
- Pucci Lavish, of whom the page quote refers and a perfect Type II example.
- Lennie Small from  could be Trope Codifier for Type I above. His basic childlike stupidity means that when characters like Curley's wife pour out their heart and soul to him on the loneliness and struggles they go through all he can think about is small, fluffy animals.
Crooks: How would you like not to be able to go into the bunk house and play rummy because you was black? ...A guy goes nuts if he ain't got nobody. I tell you, a guy gets too lonely, he gets sick!''Lennie: How long will it be till the pups can be taken out of the barn?
Hello, Unkown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable