Created By: Unknown TroperSeptember 13, 2009
This is a maritime Badass Grandpa . He has endured storms, pirates, fog, and all the perils of the sea. He has been in a Bar Brawl in every port and he has never lost. Sometimes he is a Drill Sergeant Nasty to all the scruvy foc'sle swabs. Sometimes he develops a Big Brother Complex toward the Plucky Middie. But he is a lord of the sea and all sailors must heed him or endure his wrath.
- Diokles the oarmaster in Over The Wine Dark Sea by Henry Turtledove
- Long John Silver in Treasure Island
- Disko Troop in Captains Courageous
- Admiral Bobbery in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
- The Sea Captain from The Simpsons. His name is actually Captain Mac Allistar but he is almost never referred to as that.
- Popeye's father Poopdeck Pappy.
- Jack Sparrow perhaps?
- Captain Eddie from the Non Sequitur comic strip likes to portray himself as this. How much of if is purely in his own mind is open to debate.
- Captain/Commodore/Admiral Sir Edward Pellew as he is portrayed in the Hornblower series. (Arguably Truth In Television as Pellew was a Real Life naval commander.)
- (Captain) Quint from Jaws.
- Subverted with Capt'n K'nuckles from The Marvelous Misadventures Of Flapjack
- Admiral William Halsey(though the USN is a little embarrassed about some of his decisions)
- Admiral Marc Mitscher
Hello, Unkown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable