Slender Blond Tsundere, Busty Brunette Friend YKTTW Discussion
|Slender Blond Tsundere, Busty Brunette Friend|
The two female love interests' personalities correlate to the size of their chests, and hair colorBetter Name Description Needs Help Better Name
I don't know what it says about me or my taste in Anime that I noticed this, but here goes: In a lot of Anime, of the two main love interests, one tends to be borderline-violent, blonde or redheaded, and, while not necessarily flat, anxious about that aspect of her figure. The other, meanwhile, tends to be nicer, gentler, and more wholesome, darker haired, while at the same time being far more...filled out. This often occurs where there's a Tiny Tyrannical Tsundere at play; there's usually a more indulgent, and more 'feminine', character there to provide the beleaguered protagonist breathing room...though often at the expense of his ability to breathe. The latter tends to fall victim to Hopeless Suitor, Can Not Spit It Out, or some variety of Like Brother and Sister, from the male's perspective. Related to Red Oni, Blue Oni, but with boobs. See also Light Feminine Dark Feminine
Here's Some Examples:
- Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai.: Lisara, who we are told is flat, a scythe-wielding, redheaded, but relatively even-tempered Tsundere, vs. Mina, the protagonist's far-more-indulgent, raven-hired, F-Cupped Unlucky Childhood Friend / Girl Next Door.
- Naruto's Sakura and Hinata, of course, post-timeskip. The violent, pink-haired Tsundere object of the protagonist's affections is highly sensitive about her lack of growth, while he is the object of affection for a Shrinking Violet who is all grown up.
- B Gata H Kei is another instance of a busty, dark-haired Unlucky Childhood Friend / Girl Next Door, who cooks for and otherwise takes care of the male lead. The Protagonist is light-haired, and, as the title states, B-Cupped and sex-minded, but her embarrassment and inexperience lead to her acting in stereotypically Tsundere fashion.
- Love Hina's Mutsumi shows up halfway through the series as an alternative love interest, a ditzy, Watermelon-themed, constantly-on-the-verge-of-death, all-around nice girl to contrast Naru, the violent, Tsundere, female lead. They're closer in hair color than most examples, though Mutsumi is still darker.
- The first two love interests (of many) in Rosario + Vampire are Moka and Kurumu. Friendly Neighborhood Vampire Moka is, for the most part, sweet and wholesome, but has a Split Personality that borders on Superpowered Evil Side and is painfully Tsundere. The endlessly-lovestruck-succubus Kuruku is the trope-image for Buxom Is Better.
- The Slayers Presents us with hotheaded female lead Lina and supporting female character, the dark-haired Sylphiel, vis-a-vis the affections of male lead Gourry. Again, the chest issue comes up in regards to the Fiery Redhead, but most consider it an Informed Attribute.
- Minami and Mizuki from Baka Test, as the Tsundere and Nice Girl respectively. Minami is often the butt of jokes about her chest size, to the point where Yoshii apparently thinks she's a guy at one point. As a result, she frequently beats the crap out of him. Mizuki, on the other hand is very kind and gentle (well, usually) and has huge cleavage.
- In Zero no Tsukaima, Louise the Tiny Tyrannical Tsundere is the abusive Veronica to the buxom Siesta's Betty.
- Bleach, of course, has the boyish-figured, dark-haired, mildly tsundere Rukia and the ridiculously bubbly and balloony redhead Orihime, the Friend to All Living Things.
- In Rurouni Kenshin we have Kaoru (flat and bad tempered) and Megumi (who doesn't really have huge knockers, though looks older and more feminine but at the same time is sweeter) towards Kenshin.
- Sword Art Online gives us the low-grade tsundere primary love interest Asuna, slender and lighter-haired in all incarnations (reddish-orange in SAO, light blue in ALO, reddish-brown IRL) and Suguha, a would-be love interest, the protagonist's sister (that was a lot of 's's). The latter becomes the female lead for the second major portion of the story; dark-haired, and somewhat more...solidly built.
- The leading ladies in Bakemonogatari are the slender, willowy and borderline-homicidal Senjougahara Hitagi, and Hanekawa Tsubasa, whom the protagonist notes as having the largest breasts in his class, and with whom he's on more generally friendly terms.
- ''Hayate the Combat Butler" has this vibe between female leads Nagi (A-Cup Angst, Tsundere, Blonde) and Maria (Brainy Brunette, Cool Big Sis, Ms. Fanservice).
- While Aeris is by no means a Tsundere, she could be considered the primary love-interest of the game, in contrast to the more girl-next-door Tifa, she of the raven locks and famous chest.
- El Sword: The first two female playable characters are Aisha the petite, abrasive magician and Rena, the motherly busty elf. The former is always jealous of the latter's breasts.