I don't know what it says about me or my taste in Anime that I noticed this, but here goes:
In a lot of Anime, of the two main love interests
, one tends to be borderline-violent
and, while not necessarily flat, anxious about that aspect of her figure
. The other, meanwhile, tends to be nicer, gentler, and more wholesome
, while at the same time being far more...filled out
This often occurs where there's a Tiny Tyrannical Tsundere
at play; there's usually a more indulgent, and more 'feminine', character there to provide the beleaguered protagonist breathing room...though often at the expense of his ability to breathe
Here's Some Examples:
- Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai.: Lisara, who we are told is flat, a scythe-wielding, but relatively even-tempered Tsundere, vs. Mina, the protagonist's far-more-indulgent F-Cupped Unlucky Childhood Friend / Girl Next Door.
- Naruto's Sakura and Hinata, of course, post-timeskip. The violent, Tsundere object of the protagonist's affections is highly sensitive about her lack of growth, while he is the object of affection for a Shrinking Violet who is all grown up.
- B Gata H Kei is another instance of a busty Unlucky Childhood Friend / Girl Next Door, who cooks for and otherwise takes care of the male lead. The Protagonist is, as the title states, B-Cupped and sex-minded, but her embarrassment and inexperience lead to her acting in stereotypically Tsundere fashion.
- Love Hina's Mutsumi shows up halfway through the series as an alternative love interest, a ditzy, Watermelon-themed, constantly-on-the-verge-of-death, all-around nice girl to contrast Naru, the violent, Tsundere, female lead.
- The first two love interests (of many) in Rosario + Vampire are Moka and Kurumu. Friendly Neighborhood Vampire Moka is, for the most part, sweet and wholesome, but has a Split Personality that borders on Superpowered Evil Side and is painfully Tsundere. The endlessly-lovestruck-succubus Kuruku is the trope-image for Buxom Is Better.
- The Slayers Presents us with hotheaded female lead Lina and supporting female character Sylphiel, vis-a-vis the affections of male lead Gourry. Again, the chest issue comes up in regards to the Fiery Redhead, but most consider it an Informed Attribute.
- Minami and Mizuki from Baka Test, as the Tsundere and Nice Girl respectively. Minami is often the butt of jokes about her chest size, to the point where Yoshii apparently thinks she's a guy at one point. As a result, she frequently beats the crap out of him. Mizuki, on the other hand is very kind and gentle (well, usually) and has huge cleavage.
- In Zero no Tsukaima, Louise the Tiny Tyrannical Tsundere is the abusive Veronica to the buxom Siesta's Betty.
- Bleach, of course, has the boyish-figured, mildly tsundere Rukia and the ridiculously bubbly and balloony Orihime, the Friend to All Living Things.
- In Rurouni Kenshin we have Kaoru (flat and bad tempered) and Megumi (who doesn't really have huge knockers, though looks older and more feminine but at the same time is sweeter) towards Kenshin.