MotherlySidePlait Motherly Side Plait YKTTW Discussion
|Motherly Side Plait|
Gentle mothers wear their plait over their shoulder
Long Hair Is Feminine, and more generally Expository Hairstyle. Contrast Braids of Action, Tomboyish Ponytail and Tomboyish Sidetails.
Examples:Anime and Manga:
- Trisha Elric, the mother of the two protagonists of Fullmetal Alchemist, depicted above. In the epilogue of the manga, Winry sports a similar plait but not on the shoulder.
- Ranma 1/2's Kasumi Tendo often wears her hair this way, along with an apron. While she may only be the eldest daughter of the family, she handles the domestic duties of the Tendo household. It becomes even more the case when it's revealed she's filling in for their deceased mother.
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Akasaka's wife Yukie has one of these, and quite an impressive one.
- In Matsuribayashi, Takano's mother has a smaller variant.
- Natsumi's mother in the manga-only Onisarashi arc is a textbook example... until she looses her plait as she starts to go insane. Or rather, as we see her go insane through Natsumi's eyes.
- Keiichi's mom also sports one in the live action adaptation.
- Natsuhi Ushiromiya has a sort of ponytail variant in Umineko no Naku Koro ni. She is more stern than most examples but she does treasure her family.
- Zael's mother in The Last Story wears a braided side plait.
- Kanon's Akiko Minase also wears her hair in such a fashion.