Take Up My Sword See Also Appendage Assimilation for a creepier version of this trope, whe the appendage may not be offered and is used more as raw material for the recovery of the old one rather than as a substitute Contrast I will be your hands
Examples: Anime and Manga
As a DeathTrope, all Spoilers will be unmarked ahead. Beware.
Examples: Anime and Manga
- On Fullmetal Alchemist Scars's Brother Gives his arm to Scar after they were atacked by Kimbley, using his arm, Scar has some basic Alchemic Abilities (how far they go deppends if you are looking the first anime or the manga/Second anime)
- On Naruto This is how Kakashi obtained his Sharingan Eye despite not bein a member of the Clan Uchiha
- In Claymore, Irene gives Clare her right arm, after Clare's is destroyed by Ophelia. Irene isn't dying at the time, but since it's her last arm (she lost the left one to Priscilla years before that) and the Organization is closing in on her for treason, this act is equivalent to suicide.
- In the last chapter of vol. one of the manga Black Jack, a truck driver hits a sushi chef, who looses his arms in the accedent. The driver then 'becomes' the chef's hands as an apprentice to learn the art. When the former driver is killed, Black Jack fills the request to give the chef the driver's arms.
- SOP for the Igors in Discworld.
- In one episode of House, House convinces a guy to asphyxiate himself so that he could donate his heart to his son.
- Blackadder II. Captain Rum, who died while trying to go around the Cape of Good Hope, wills his beard to Nursie.
- Played with in an episode of Supernatural : A woman received a kidney from her sister who was subsequently killed. Unfortunately because the kidney meant that part of the woman's sister was still around, this allowed the sister to manifest as a restless (and vengeful) spirit.
- On Megaman X if you don't obtain the buster capsule before Zero's Heroic Sacrifice he gives you his buster and (in the remake) it is even stronger than your regular buster upgrade
- Atropos from Chrono Trigger, gives Robo one of her components before Dying as herself after being reprogramed by Mother Brain
- On the Heaven's Feel route of Fate/stay night Archer gives up his arm to Shirou, it should be Noted that he is an heroic Spiric and this tranfer would probabbly kill inmediatly the receiver due him being unable to control the energy stream (not that in this case it didn't happened, but he survived for longer, and actually if were not for the circumstances he could probably being able to survive it), this was possible thanks to the fact that Archer is a future version of shirou, and so, they were compatible enough to at least remporally prevent this, with his arm, shirou is able to use some of his abilities (wich is usefull, as in this route he lost his conection with sabber)
- In Grim Tales from Down Below, Nergal demons pass their powers before dying by giving someone their eye. Jr receives the eye from Minnie.
- An example of this would be organ donation.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.