Weight Taller YKTTW Discussion
Getting fatter or more muscular also makes you taller.
In fiction, getting really fat or really muscular will increase your height. This is done to exaggerate how big they are or just because it makes it easier to draw. Of course, in real life, you have a set height and no amount of weight will change it. Compare: Balloon Belly
Examples:Anime and Manga
- Stocking ends up gaining so much weight in one episode of Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt that she stands about 20 feet tall. She's so fat that Panty- aside from taking a moment to laugh at her- runs on top of Stocking while kalinka dancing to travel around the city on her like a giant ball.
- In DP7 after the White Event David Landers puts on a huge amount of muscle and height, which hurts him whenever he has a growth spurt.
- In Disney's Hercules, the titular character starts off scrawny looking and is shown to be short or about the same height as those around him. When he gained muscle mass all the sudden he was taller then almost every other character in the movie. This is justified by the fact that he was about 14 when he started training and nearly 18 when he concluded it.
- Justified in Quantum Vibe, Seamus's weight and height are both caused by a botched Longevity Treatment. And even after he drops 117 kilos he is still more than 2 meters tall.
- In Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi episode "Sumo Kaz" Kaz, Ami and Yumi get super fat and grow several times their height.
- On Jackie Chan Adventures when Jade turns into T-Girl she gains muscle all over her body, but only her upper body gets taller while her lower body stays the same height.
- In the Lilo & Stitch: The Series episode "Frenchfry" Lilo, Stitch and Pleakley get taller as they're fattened up. Averted with Gantu, as he's really tall to begin with.
- In the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episode "Must Have Been a Beautiful Baby", Tails balloons up after eating a ton of instant food powder and washing it down with water. Not only does he become bloated, he becomes huge in height, too.
- There was a Mr. Bogus claymation short where Bogus comes across a container full of dehydrated food tablets and a vial of water used for the re-hydration process. After experimenting with one of the tablets, he eats all of the tablets and drinks the entire vial of water, which in turn causes him to become massively bloated within seconds. Watch it here, starting at 1:24.
- In the South Park episode "Weight Gain 4000", Cartman starts drinking the eponymous energy drink, thinking he would buff up. By the time Kathy Lee Gifford comes to town, Cartman is so fat that he's almost a head taller than the other boys◊. An alternate depiction of this scene in the Clip Show spoof "City on the Edge of Forever" shows a muscular Cartman that still manages to appear taller than he usually is◊.
- In a Treehouse of Horror episode of The Simpsons Homer eats and eats and eats and eats, eventually growing to the size of a small building.