Legal Thriller YKTTW Discussion
Stories of suspense, usually crime dramas, with an emphasis on lawyers and legal machinations.Needs Examples Description Needs Help Up For Grabs Tropeworthy?
Up for Grabs, Needs a Better Description, Needs More Examples! Legal Thriller is already used to describe works. But it Needs a Better Description explaining its distinction from general Thriller, Law Procedural, and Police Procedural involving lawyers. A Legal Thriller is not just a drama story that involve lawyers. To Kill a Mockingbird is a law drama, but it is not a Legal Thriller (or is it?). Ally McBeal focuses on lawyers, but it's definitely not a Legal Thriller. Help please? Legal Thriller should be indexed under Thriller, The Courtroom Index, and Crime and Punishment Tropes. Sibling trope to Law Procedural and Courtroom Drama.
- A Few Good Men is a Legal Thriller done military-style.
- John Grisham specializes in these.
- The Lincoln Lawyer series by Michael Connelly.
- Michael Clayton
- Murder in the First
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney in its more dramatic courtroom scenes.
- Primal Fear
- Rules of Engagement is another military-style Legal Thriller.
- Witness for the Prosecution