Token Petting Zoo Person YKTTW Discussion
|Token Petting Zoo Person|
A Token Petting Zoo Person character.
Rolling Updates. Needs a Better Title. Needs a Better Description. In a cast made either of Funny Animals, Partially Civilized Animals and/or Civilized Animals with humans and/or Demi Humans or just humans and/or Demi Humans, the Token Humanoid Animals are characters with either an animal's full head and tail on an animal-accented human-shaped body, and animal-accented human-shaped faces and tails on lightly animal-accented human bodies, or look basically like a human with the animal's ears and tail. In the Lions and Tigers and Humans... Oh, My! varaint, they are distinguished from the other animal characters by having essentially human-shaped bodies. Often the Token Humanoid Animals are female as a result of the Humanoid Female Animal trope, but there are male Token Humanoid Animals. There are two variants:
- Variant 1: Token Humanoid Animal With Humans/Demi Humans: Works that show examples of this trope among a mostly or mainly human or Demi Human cast.
- Variant 2: Token Humanoid Animal Meets Lions and Tigers and Humans... Oh, My!: Works that show examples of this trope among a cast Partially Civilized Animals, Civilized Animals, and/or Funny Animals, with humans and/or DemiHumans.
Token Humanoid Animal With Humans/Demi Humans Examples:Film
- Dr. Delbert Doppler and Captain Amelia from Treasure Planet
- In Marvel vs. Capcom 3, we have Felicia (she's a fur-covered Cat Girl), but she's honestly more Girl than Cat. The trope is played its straightest, however, with the announcement of Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and the inclusion of Rocket Racoon.◊
- Lieutenant M'Ress, a member of the Enterprise bridge crew in Star Trek: The Animated Series.
- Mirage from the Aladdin series. In the words of The Nostalgia Chick, "Why does she have a cat head... who cares?"
Token Humanoid Animal Meets Lions and Tigers and Humans... Oh, My! Examples:Comics
- Honey Bunny from the Looney Tunes comics.
- Stuart Little is far more anthropomorphic than the other animals in all his book and movie appearances and in the TV series.
- Rouge the Bat from the Sonic the Hedgehog series, as far as games are concerned.
- Whereas the other main Animaniacs characters are either Nearly Normal Animals (Buttons), Talking Animals (The Goodfeathers and Runt), Civilized Animals (Slappy and Skippy Squirrel and Rita), Funny Animals (The Warner Sibs and the Hip Hippos), or humans (Mindy, Ralph, and Hello Nurse), Minerva Mink is an example of the far more human-shaped Petting Zoo Person.
- Wilford B. Wolf is this when he transforms into a werewolf.
- Mousey Galore is a Petting Zoo Person, whereas Pinky, Brain, and the other mice in Pinky and the Brain are either Civilized Animals or Funny Animals.
- Julie Bruin, Margot Mallard, Binky Bunny, and Bimbette the skunk from Tiny Toon Adventures are examples of this trope as most of the other animal characters are either Funny Animals or Civilized Animals.
- Lola Bunny, Melissa Duck, and Hatta Mari (a pigeon from "Plane Daffy") from Looney Tunes are Petting Zoo People in a world shared by Funny Animals and humans.
- Also, Tina Russo from The Looney Tunes Show
- Ren's parents from Ren and Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon are far more human-shaped than either he or Stimpy are.