Dragoon Drop YKTTW Discussion
Jumping up in the air, then stabbing somebody on the way down.
A cross between Death from Above and Sword Plant, in which a character leaps up into the air, then lands with their weapon point-first on an enemy. Seriously hurts. Named for the Final Fantasy class Dragoon, which popularized this move, as well as dictating that a spear is the most common kind of weapon to use for it. Contrast Goomba Stomp and Meteor Move. May result in a Shockwave Stomp. __________________________________________ Examples:
- All over the place in Final Fantasy, of course.
- Link's famous Sword Plant.
- In Order Of The Stick, Belkar uses a Ring of Jumping to do this.
- In League of Legends, Pantheon has this as his ultimate ability, and it causes a shockwave upon landing. It can move him all the way across the map, but it's easy to dodge, as the targets get several seconds warning.
- Frog's Leap Slash is actually somewhat of a misnomer. It actually does this.
- Given that 8-Bit Theater is a Parody of Final Fantasy I, it only makes sense that this would be Dragoon's primary mode of attacking. This being Eight Bit Theater, his amazing jumping ability is restricted to attacking, and he always lands on Black Mage.