In Character Commentaries
Cast from a show or movie are giving commentary using the characters they play as their voices
- In the Fairly Oddparents movie Abra-Catastrophe, Cosmo and Wanda give commentary.
- In one short scene of Mickey Donald Goofy The Three Musketeers Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Pete commentate.
- Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends:
- "Store Wars" Mac, Bloo, and Frankie give a commentary; Mac and Frankie attempt to get Bloo to sign an apology letter for the incident(s) in this episode for Frankie to go back to shop.
- "Mac Daddy" Cheese gives a commentary throughout the episode called "Cheese Spills The Beans"
- * Ice Age: Sid offers brief commentary on some of his favorite scenes from the first movie.
- Most Muppet movies have the characters providing commentary.
- In the Spongebob Squarepants episode "Sponge Bob vs. The Big One" Plankton gives a commentary titled "Plankton's Special Sinister Commentary". Also similar to MST 3 K
- In a special Jimmy Neutron event called "Genius Sheenius or Inbetweenius" the movie Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius is shown with Jimmy, Carl, and Sheen giving commentary. Also similar to MST 3 K.
- Scooby-Doo, Shaggy, and Fred provide commentary in Scooby Doo And The Legend Of The Vampire and Scooby Doo And The Monster Of Mexico.
- The Incredibles. The DVD extra short "Mr. Incredible and Pals" (an in-universe cartoon) has a commentary track from Mr. Incredible and Frozone. Mostly, they're baffled at how bad it is.
- Homestar Runner. "The King of Town" has commentary by Strong Bad. "The Search for the Yello Dello" has commentary by Strong Bad, Homestar, and Strong Sad. "Experimental Film" has commentary (hidden as an Easter Egg) by the directors Strong Sad and The Cheat... and Strong Bad and Homestar show up to crash it.
- In an episode of American Dad Klaus pretends his life is a DVD and he's supplying the commentary track. Late in the episode, he starts talking over a scene he's not actually in.
- In Jonah: A Veggie Tales Movie, an additional commentary is provided by Larry and Mr. Lunt.
- The commentary for Brother Bear is by the moose Rutt and Tuke.
- Bowler Hat Guy occassionally interrupts the director's commentary for Meet The Robinsons.
- Fantasia 2000 has a commentary track highlighting each individual segment. For "The Sorcerer's Apprentice", Roy Disney is joined by Mickey Mouse, who provides insight on the filming of the short. Later, Donald Duck crashes the commentary track for his segment, "Pomp and Circumstance", but mostly he complains that he didn't get a song to sing.
- The commentary for Despicable Me includes some of the minions.
- One episode of The Boondocks has commentary by Uncle Ruckus.
- The Freaks And Geeks DVD set has two of the teachers give commentary on one episode in character.
- In Tropic Thunder Kirk Lazarus, an extreme Method Actor, claims to never break character until after he's recorded the DVD Commentary. When Tropic Thunder came out on DVD Robert Downey Jr (who played Lazarus) did his commentary in character as Lazarus in character as Osiris, his character from the Show Within The Show.
- In the Return of the King extended DVD, Andy Serkis is joined in the commentary by Gollum and Smeagol, and acts as the sort of balancing ego to their respective id and superego.
- Making Fiends: In the DV Ds of the webseries there are alternate versions of each episode. A few of them have commentaries by characters.
- "Charlotte's Fist Day Part 1: New Student" by Charlotte and Vendetta
- "Charlotte's First Day Part 2: Show and Tell" by Marion
- "Shrinking Charlotte" by Vendetta and Grudge
- "Substitute Teacher" by Mr. Milk
Hello, Unkown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable