Evading Capture YKTTW Discussion
A character must use his wits and training to avoid being captured.Tropeworthy?
How Did We Miss This One?? Alice is on the run. Either she is a fugitive of the law and being chased by the cops, or maybe she has just been forced to use her Escape Pod or Ejection Seat in combat, and is now avoiding the enemy soldiers who are out to detain her. She might be injured, for added drama. Expect scenes of her running, hiding, splashing through streams, and at least a few close calls as she tries to stay quiet while her pursuer is standing dangerously close by. Related to Underground Railroad, which this trope will often overlap with. If this is the basis for a longer story, it will overlap with Walking the Earth and Stern Chase.
- Flight of the Intruder: Both the book and the film feature this as part of their climax, with downed aviators trying to stay ahead of the North Vietnamese Army, while also trying to help each other.
- Foreshadowed earlier in the film when the aviators have to evade the Shore Patrol after causing a brawl in a bar while on leave in the Philippines.
- Halo: Part of the second mission is this in essence, with the surviving UNSC personnel trying to avoid being killed by the Covenant troops until they can regroup and be rescued.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: The plot of the British mission Hunted, along with parts of Cliffhanger and The Hornet's Nest in the sequel.
- Medal of Honor: The mission Neptune's Net has two of the characters trying to stay ahead of the Taliban while trying to link up with the rest of their team.
- Babylon 5: Commander Sinclair trying to avoid capture in And The Sky Full Of Stars while suffering from a drug-induced flashback to the Earth Minbari War.
- Battlestar Galactica: The central plot of the series aside, this came up in several episodes of the reboot series, for example, the B-Plot of several of the Season 1 episodes had Helo and Athena attempting to avoid being captured or killed by the Cylons while trying to find a way off Caprica.
- The Fugitive (1993). Dr. Richard Kimble is falsely convicted of the murder of his wife and sentenced to death. He must evade recapture or be executed. (both Film and Live-Action TV)
- Behind Enemy Lines. A U.S. Navy pilot is shot down over Bosnia and hunted by the Bosnian Serb army, which doesn't want him to report their genocidal slaughter of local Muslims.