Created By: MCE on March 21, 2010
You've come across something bizarre and inexplicable, your not even sure its real. The solution? Ask the guy standing next to you "You can see that, right?" Usually the second person confirms what you are seeing, weather it be a monster or a rip in space time. Variations include "Is any body else seeing this?" and "Did you hear that?" Distinct from Pinch Me in that it usually is very real. Update: Second type of this trope is where the second guy says: No, I don't see (exact description of event) and if you know what's good for you, neither do you. Possible redirects: 'You saw that, right?' and 'Tell me you just saw trope' Rolling Updates in progress. Examples:
- Raising Arizona: "What is he?" "You see him too?"
- Happens with Dr. Spaceman, the resident Back-Alley Doctor of 30Rock with Tracy's son. "Am I the only one who sees a little black kid sitting in the corner?"
- Cars: as Lightning McQueen tears up the road, Filmore the blissed-out VW bus asks, "I'm not the only one seeing this, right?"
- Just Shoot Me!, "Dog Day Afternooon":
Dennis: Is that a dog?Nina: Oh, thank God! You see it too.
- X-men evolution: Kitty makes the x-jet fly though a mountain
pilot one: Did you see that?pilot two: No, and neither did you.
- In The Light Fantastic:
Shaman: You didn't just see two men go through upside down on a broomstick, shouting and screaming at each other, did you?Boy: Certainly not.Shaman: Thank goodness for that. Neither did I.
- Charlie the unicorn 2:
Charlie: Okay, what is that?... Seriously, you guys see that thing, right? Guys, I'm getting really freaked out here.
- can't remember the details but there was a Secret Avengers story where they were facing an army of Skrulls or something, and Spidey says something like "Is everyone else seeing this? 'Cause if you're not, that'd be great."
- In Class Act, Joanna Lumley's character is driving a forklift toward a religious group meeting. Detective Inspector Latham asks a constable what the hell that is, the constable describes the scene quite succinctly and Latham replies "I am so glad you can see it too."
- * Narnia book and film, numerous times with Aslan apparently playing hide and seek with the characters to gauge their level of commitment.
Lucy: You saw him too, didn't you?Trumpkin: Do you see him... now?
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable