Parrot Parody YKTTW Discussion
Every parody of something uses the same jokesAlready have?
Much like a Recycled Script, a Parrot Parody occurs when every time somebody parodies a show/movie/book (or uses a Captain Ersatz version), they use the same jokes. Evidently, they're unaware of the concept of "originality". Some examples: First Installment Wins, Popculture Osmosis, and Small Reference Pools are all related to this in one way or another.
- Dana Carvey's impression of George H.W. Bush eventually became the parody that everyone did, down to catch-phrases Carvey invented.
- Harry Potter: Harry's perpetually 11 years old, and fights Voldemort on a weekly basis.
- Romeo and Juliet: The balcony scene's the only scene in the entire play. Plus, if the characters are still in school, this play is used about 3/4 of the time.
- Star Wars: Always has the Luke, I Am Your Father moment.
- Twilight: Half sparkly vampires, half shirtless werewolves. (Well, technically, I'm sure there are other jokes; I've just never followed the series).
- X-Men: Do I even need to say it?
- Or they have Cyclops wailing, "JEEEEAAAAAANNNN" even though Jean is (currently) dead and he's with Emma Frost these days.
- Any Evil Dead sendoffs usually has either "This is my boomstick" or "good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."
- Xena: Warrior Princess: The Double Entrende and Les Yay levels are cranked Up to Eleven.