The villain always shouts a certain phrase whenever he is defeated in the episode.
Once again, the main villain's plan has been foiled, so there's only one thing he can do: scream in frustration. This is not a Skyward Scream or a Say My Name, and definitely not a Big No, although it can sometimes assume this form. What makes this scream different is that the villain screams the EXACT SAME line each and every time, and he does it at least once in nearly EVERY episode. It's basically a line that signifies a miniature Villainous Breakdown. If this scream is directed to the protagonist, it will often focus on wishing ill will on them. Compare We Will Meet Again, which is not necessarily spoken in every appearance. See also You Meddling Kids.
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Pokemon: Team Rocket's "Look's like Team Rocket's blasting off again!" and "We're blasting off again!"
Films - Live-Action
Live Action TV
- Professor Layton: Don Paolo's "Laytooooon! You'll pay for this someday!"
- Samurai Warriors: A defeated character in the various Story modes will be shown leaving the battlefield muttering one of these. The tone depends from character to character, including grace, anger and sometimes even admiration or sarcasm.
- Vigilante 8: Every character (good and bad) has one, which they say upon losing a level (if chosen by the player). In the sequel, Second Offense, this is upped to three per character. Some examples:
Chassey Blue: Oh no! I think I broke a nail.Sheila: Oops! Maybe this wasn't such a good idea.Loki: Mayday! Mayday! I'm going down!Dave: Lights! (cough) I see lights in the sky!Houston 3: (robotic) You may hurt the machine, human) but you're just making the woman mad!Team F.A.S.T: Motorcycle? What the hell were we thinking?Garbage Man: I shall return... on Tuesdays and Thursdays.Astronaut Bob O: What do you expect? This thing's made of (chirp) foil!
- The Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog: Dr. Robotnik's "I hate that Hedgehooog!"
- Buzz Lightyear Of Star Command: Emperor Zurg's "Curse you, Buzz Lightyear!"
- Captain Planet And The Planeteers: The end credits always have Looten Plunder yelling "You'll pay for this, Captain Planet!"
- Dave The Barbarian: Dave's archenemy Chuckles the Silly Piggy always says "Curse you, Dave the Barbarian!". A lot of bag guys on the list seem to say this.
- Dora The Explorer:
- Swiper the fox tries to steal an item that Dora needs in her quest. Dora has to say "Swiper, no swiping!" 3 times (along with the audience, of course) to catch Swiper. When Swiper is caught he says "Oh man!"
- The Rain Cloud's "I'll be back!". However, it's changed to "I won't be back!" at the end. <— NEEDS MORE CONTEXT
- Gadget Boy And Heather: Spydera's "I'll get you yet, Gadget Boy!". She also says it at the end of the opening credits.
- ''Inspector Gadget: The Claw's "I'll get you next time, Gadget!"
- Kim Possible: Dr. Drakken's "Kim Possible, you think you're all that! But you're not!"
- Nu Pogodi: The wolf's "Nu Pogodi!".
- Phineas And Ferb: Dr. Doofensmertz's "Curse you, Perry the Platapuss!"
- Pinky And The Brain:
Brain: Come, Pinky, we must prepare for tomorrow night.Pinky: Gee, Brain, what are we gonna do tomorrow night?Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky! Try to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!Song: They're Pinky, they're Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain...!
- Scooby Doo: "I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling kids!". Notable in that it's not a single villain who says it, but every single Villain Of The Week the gang meets.
- Thunder Cats: Mumm-Ra's "There will be another time! Evil shall prevail! Muahahahahaha!"
- Wacky Races: Dick Dastardly's "Drat, drat and double DRAT!".
Hello, Unkown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable