Pinching Pain YKTTW Discussion
Needs a Better Title An innocent bystander is enjoying a day at the beach without a care in the world. Suddenly, you feel searing pain as you scream in great pain and agony, sometimes even screaming like a little girl. You then discover that a crab pinched you either on the finger, foot, groin, or any other body part. Oftentimes when you're at a beach or river or any body of water, you get pinched by a crab, a lobster, or any kind of pincered crustacean. This also happens often in Real Life god forbid. Subtrope of: Amusing Injuries
- This Bud Light commercial.
- Happens to JP in Digimon Frontier in the Beach Episode.
- Ash Ketchum also fell victim to this trope with Krabby in one of the earlier episodes, before catching it.
- Also happens to Chance in Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey while trying to catch fish, except with a crawdad.
- The Genie in Aladdin briefly gets pinched by a crab that looks suspiciously like Sebastian.
- In Fantasia2000, Donald Duck is pinched by a whole mess of crabs.
- Happens to Pluto in the Classic Disney Short Hawaiian Holiday.
- A crab goes after both Tom and Jerry in Salt Water Tabby.
- The Garfield and Friends episode "Maine Course" had Jon receive a lobster from a seafood company. The minute the lobster is released, he promptly pinches Jon, Garfield, and Odie. When they've successfully had the lobster subdued, they realize, however, that they don't have the heart to cook him. Instead, they keep him as a pet and name him Therm. After that, however, they have to take him back to his natural habitat after discovering that he was very sick.