Someone is minding his/her own business with a drink or food on hand and then something causes it to be lost or damaged. This either presses a Berserk Button
or causes panic.
Compare Close-Call Haircut
and Hat Damage
Anime and Manga
- Black Lagoon: when Eda initially refuses asylum for Greenback Jane, the latter's pursuers show up and shoot bullets in the church's direction, one resulting in shattering the glass of alcohol Revy was holding.
- Happens all the time in Astérix. One instance has Asterix and Obelix returning from a boar hunt to find the village brawling yet again over Unhygienix's fish. They ignore it and head home, when Obelix takes an errant fish to the face. He tells Asterix to start without him, as he must return this fish to its owner, who's probably missing it.
- The Quick and the Dead: after The Lady thinks she's beaten a scruffy scumbag in her first gunfight, she goes into the bar and nervously orders a drink. Moments later, the scumbag hurtles through the front door and shoots the drink out of her hand (though he was probably aiming at her).
- Hudson Hawk: Eddie is about to drink from a cup of cappuccino when one of the Mario brothers shoots the cup.
- In one episode of The Simpsons, during the early stages of a riot over a particularly dull soccer game, Lenny pushes skinner into Barney, causing Barney to spill the beers he was carrying. This drives Barney berserk and he angrily dives into the fray.
- Nasty Canasta introduces himself in the Looney Tunes short "Drip-Along Daffy" by shooting Daffy Duck's glass.
- Transformers Animated: Mixmaster was drinking a can of oil in a middle of a battle, oblivious to it until one shot hit the can, which gets him angry.