Do We Have This
? Needs a Better Description
I see you shiver with antici... pation.
I've Seen It a Million Times
... When the Mad Doctor
wants to "get down to business", he dons his evil apparel, and this almost always includes shoving his hands into big latex gloves with a (usually upward) thrusting motion while tugging on the back of the glove with the other hand; then there's a loud snap at the end when the back of the glove is released. Pretty much a Mad Doctor
staple, and also pretty common in cartoons. Usually meant to inspire fear
or to startle; usually part of the Creepy Physical
Needs a Better Title
Is This Tropable?
? Needs More Examples
. Split from Gloved Fist of Doom
- The infamous glove-snapping scene in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Latex glove snap done by a fearsomely large nurse in Armageddon.
- Implied to be happening off-screen in one scene in Kung Pow! Enter the Fist:
Master Tang: As you know, I am a man of special needs. One of you will now receive... the Fist of Fury!
(cut to students looking anxious)
Master Tang: Prepare... the long rubber glove. (sound of latex snapping) Eeny... meeny... miney... moe... I wonder where... my glove will go...
- Undercover Brother. One of Mr. Feather's minions does this repeatedly, greatly to Mr. Feather's annoyance.
- Fletch. A proctologist does this before giving Fletch an examination, as shown here.
- Jim Carrey's Count Olaf does this in his herpetologist disguise in Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
- Rush Hour 3 - The two protagonists have been detained by security in a French airport.
Chris Tucker: Can we go now?
* this will just take a moment.
- The Mad Doctor in The Rescuers Down Under does this. "All right, girls, let's snap to it!" *snap* Oh! That smarts..."
- In The X-Files, Mulder accuses Skully of enjoying doing this.
- Tony of NCIS; though it's more comedic than sinister.
"Anuhza successful procedure!"
"Woops! Zat was not medicine."
"Did zat sting? Sorry!"
"Zat, vas doctor-assisted homicide!"