So that's where "those good, old-fashioned values, on which we used to rely" are.Basically any non-Disney work adopting an art style that is typical of the Disney Animated Canon, for the purpose of an Homage, Affectionate Parody, or even a Take That, to the Disney style. Well at least the stereotypical style is adopted. Regardless of the actual variety of the art in the the Disney films, many people think that all Disney films have the same general look, with traits such as:
- Soft lines, roundness, doe eyes.
- Outlines done in colors rather than black.
- Very smooth animation in every movement.
- Only one tonal layer applied with a gaussian blur in compositing.
- As in the picture, Family Guy did this as one of several Alternate Universes they visit in one episode, which included making Lois look like a Disney Princess.
- In the film 9 to 5, Violet has an Imagine Spot like this.
- Another imagine spot in Fletch Lives.
- One episode of the Spawn animated series opened like this.
- A Dream Sequence in The Beautician And The Beast.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable