Villain With A Strange Goal YKTTW Discussion
|Villain With A Strange Goal|
A villain whose ultimate goal is something... quirky.
Some villains are driven by a thirst for revenge, a lust for power, a desire for wealth, or the pure fun of being evil. Some villains, however, have decidedly odd motivations. Generally Played for Laughs, although they may be just as scary and destructive as more conventional villains. Frequently a trait of the Harmless Villain, but Beware the Silly Ones. Seen It a Million Times, please help!
Examples:Anime and Manga
- Brocken Blood: As a Gag Series, this series looooves these. Examples include:
- A former child actor, trying to take a movie set hostage in exchange for "mandatory hiring of child actors over 60"
- An otaku using mind-control devices to take power so he could get his favorite TV show (recently cancelled) back on the air
- A splinter group of the Japanese military consisting of unattractive single guys, trying to stage a coup so as to "eradicate Valentine's Day"
- and many more.
- Dragon Ball: The leader of the Red Ribbon Army is trying to find all the dragon balls to be able to wish for anything he wants. It turns out he wants to wish to be taller. His subordinate kills him when he finds out that they aren't planning on taking over the world.
- Batman: The Animated Series: The Christmas with the Joker episode. The Joker's whole plan for this episode is a setup so he can pie Batman in the face.
- Futurama: The army of Omicron Persei 8 conquers the Earth, all because a season finale episode of Single Female Lawyer was messed up in broadcast, and Lrrr (ruler of Omicron Persei 8) really wanted to see that episode.
- Kim Possible: The Bad Boy episode. Ron was turned evil for an episode and his evil goal was the world's supply of "nacos" (nacho/tacos).
- Phineas and Ferb: Dr. Doofenshmirtz often does this. In one episode he captures a TV executive so he could pitch his idea for a TV series.
- Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures: Petey Pate: "I want to own all the left shoes in Mouseville!"