Puzzlement About Payment
One character mentions their paycheck, and someone else with the same job responds with amazement that they get paid at all
One character mentions their paycheck, and someone else with the same job is amazed that they get paid at all, implying they don't
open/close all folders
- Street Fighter: The climax of the film has Dee Jay taking Bison's personal stash of cash and trying to escape the base while the fighting is happening, and he encounters Zangief. Turns out that Zangief is such Dumb Muscle that he has worked for Bison out of pure fanaticism, and he asks "we get paid?" when Dee-Jay snarks about the stash being his "big check-out payment".
- There is a Russian joke where a policeman who started working a few months ago is asked why he never comes for his paycheck. The policeman answers "We get paid? I thought after being issued a gun we're just supposed to manage with that".
- In the second Nerds book, one of the agency heads mentions that casualties will be deducted from each individual paycheck. Jackson asks "We get paid"?, to which the agent responds that there are so many casualties each mission, that they've never seen their first paycheck.
- The Jack Benny Program: In one episode, Jack gets in an argument with the other cast members about how little he pays them. After an odd comment from Cloud Cuckoolander Dennis Day, Jack says "What are you complaining about? I pay you, don't I?" to which Dennis replies "No", totally bewildering Jack. After some confusing conversation, it turns out that Dennis has never realized he is supposed to cash the checks Jack gives him after every show
- Played for Laughs in season 7 of Acquisitions Incorporated, when the roguish newcomer Viari joins the eponymous party and tries to discuss his low cut of the loot with the old-timers Jim and Binwin, whose reaction boils down to "You get a cut??" They then proceed to reveal how their Bad Boss Omin keeps them in line while keeping most of the profits they make.
- In the Danger Mouse reboot, in a conversation about whether Danger Mouse is worth his salt as a Secret Agent, Jeopardy Mouse mentions why she gets paid the big bucks. Cue DM with "You get paychecks"?
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.