Who says that being an Action Girl
and feminine Costume Porn
are mutually exclusive? In some works, the two go hand-in-awesome-but-elegant-hand.
And no Action Dress Ripping
either. These are Impossibly Cool Clothes
, that don't get in the way while this lady is mowing down hordes
or blowing stuff up
. Not that there can't be Clothing Damage
, but expect the clothes to be fine next episode
(barring getting a new outfit next season
What weapons she uses can vary, from martial arts (even if a skirt would be too narrow or poofy to kick someone), to conventional weapons, to even the more "feminine" weapons like Parasol of Pain
, Rolling Pin of Doom
, and Frying Pan of Doom
can work, although she has to be whupping ass with those, not just conking a guy on the head.
The clothes could range from an evening dress and jewelry
, to an ultra frilly Pimped-Out Dress
. A Mini Dress Of Power
can qualify, if it's also otherwise too elegant to fight in.
This trope often overlaps with Lady of War
, Badass Princess
, Ermine Cape Effect
, Battle Ballgown
(the frilled dress with armor variant, not the armor with a skirt variant), Silk Hiding Steel
, Action Fashionista
(if this character has several fancy outfits she fights in), and Magical Girl Warrior
(although they tend to not be outright badass most of the time).
, Rule of Cool
, Rule of Glamorous
Compare Dressed to Kill
, Badass in a Nice Suit
, Hot Chick In A Badass Suit
, Stylish Protection Gear
, Bling of War
, Agent Peacock
(the Spear Counterpart
, Real Women Never Wear Dresses
- Princess Rozalin of Disgaea 2 starts out as a Princess Classic, but as she learns to fight, she becomes deadly with firearms. And that's not even getting to the Superpowered Evil Side of her past life.
- Sabre of the Fate/stay night series likes wearing fine dresses, even if they are armored.
- The ladies of the Soul Calibur series often have elegant outfits. Special mention goes to Cassandra and Amy.
- The eponymous heroine of Murder Princess. This is really an interesting case, as she became a princess through a "Freaky Friday" Flip, and wasn't this before the flip.
- In the Super Smash Bros. games, Peach and Zelda qualify for this trope, if rarely in their series proper.
- The Prince class in Etrian Odyssey III has a princess option, and they tend to be strong fighters as well as opulently dressed.
- The heroine of Princess Crown.