Jafar: Patience Iago, patience. Gazeem was obviously less than worthy.
Iago: Oh, there's a big surprise! That's an incredible - I think I'm going to have a heart attack and die of not surprise!Snarkers come in all shapes and sizes. They can either have a deadpan reaction about everything, act as a butler to another character while still snarking about it, or not say a single word but still have a snarky reaction. Then there's the Obnoxious Snarker; a character with No Indoor Voice who tends to have the opportunity to snark about everything around him. He can be either a Jerkass or even a Jerk with a Heart of Gold. The character may end up being a victim of Offing the Mouth. Compare: Little Miss Snarker, Cats Are Snarkers, First-Person Smartass Contrast: Deadpan Snarker
Examples:[[foldercontrol]] [[folder:Anime And Manga]]
- Iago from Aladdin practically embodies this trope to a T. He's loud and sarcastic, but also a Large Ham and a Butt Monkey.
- Donkey from Shrek. He's not really a Jerkass, but he's a very, very talkative Motor Mouth, and does have some snarky moments. A lot of the time his snarking is either for comedy or because he disagrees with Shrek about making a bad decision.
- Alexandra Cabot from Archie Comics She's Josie series has always been conceited and vitriolic. This carried over into the Hanna-Barbera cartoon Josie And The Pussy Cats, where Alexandra is the Token Evil Teammate.
- A Kids in the Hall sketch had Dave as a man with a speech impediment that made him always sound like he was being sarcastic. Unfortunately, even trying to explain this made people think he was being obnoxiously sarcastic.
- Dr. Cox from Scrubs tends to favour this approach to sarcasm when he's reprimanding JD. By contrast, his foil/nemesis Dr. Kelso is much more of a deadpan snarker. This ties into their roles in the series; Cox is correcting people (either because it's his job or to boost his ego), while Kelso simply enjoys mocking them.
- Some portrayals of Sonic the Hedgehog, as he loves to tease his rivals and enemies.
- Daxter from Jak and Daxter has has many, many,...many snarky moments. He's a Non-Action Guy (most of the time), with a huge ego. He can't stop running his mouth which makes the other characters think of him as a nuisance. He's pretty capable of taking care of things though if he's given the opportunity, and he's very loyal to his friends.
- Gig from Soul Nomad & the World Eaters who's highly bitter, bored, and snarky, since he was trapped inside the main character's body after being sealed inside an enchanted sword for 200 years. He liberally throws around insults and sarcasm directed at you, your team-mates and the world in general whenever he's annoyed, smug, confrontational, or just plain bored (in other words, all of the time, except when he's offering exposition or being incredibly self-aggrandizing).
- Knights of the Old Republic:
- In the first game, Mission Vao does this when she's mouthing off.
- Atton Rand goes between obnoxious and deadpan depending on the situation.
- Final Fantasy
- Final Fantasy IV: This is Edge's usual attitude. He's flippant towards the Wise Old Mentor, reminds everyone that Kain was a traitor, and insults Rosa and Rydia when they protest being told to Stay in the Kitchen.
- Final Fantasy V: Both Galuf and Faris do this, especially when they're arguing with each other. Exdeath is a villainous version, constantly mocking the party's efforts to stop him.
- Final Fantasy VIII: Seifer towards his squad, Quistis, and eventually the whole party.
- Final Fantasy IX: Zidane goes between this and Deadpan Snarker quite often, particularly when dealing with Steiner.
- Most of the main characters in Red vs. Blue alternate sporadically between snark and ham, and would be better described as this.
- The Order of the Stick has Heroic Comedic Sociopath Belkar. He's not at all shy about insulting his teammates.
- TOME: Kirbopher is a loud, and irritable Sour Supporter, and Lancer to The Hero. His obnoxious snarkiness shows the most when the Five-Man Band are fighting off griefers and hackers which he thinks is a waste of time. This character trait is actually based off of other people's impressions of the creator, Chris Niosi, who like to portray him as loud and angry all the time.
- Brattus from Mr. Bogus will often shift between being this and a Deadpan Snarker.
- Urpgor of The Dreamstone is a psychotic egotist with No Indoor Voice. He also takes every opportunity to point out the idiocy of Sgt Blob and his minions. Blob himself has moments of this as a result of being a Drill Sergeant Nasty.
- Rainbow Dash zig zags between this and a Deadpan Snarker depending on the mood in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. Twilight Sparkle is usually strictly the latter, but when riled up enough she can take things to a whole new level.
Twilight: Now tell me; what exactly have you actually seen Zecora do?Rainbow Dash: Well... once a month she comes into Ponyville.Twilight: Ooh.Rarity: Then, she lurks by the stores.Twilight: Oh my.Fluttershy: And then... she digs at the ground...
- Used as a gag in one episode of The Simpsons. Marge has just reassured Homer that he's made people happy, despite the lack of credit he got for his work;
Homer: Owww look at me Marge, I'm making people Happy! I'm the magical man, from Happy Land, who lives in a gumdrop house on Lolly Pop Lane!*Beat*Homer: By the way I was being sarcastic.Marge: Dur.
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Master Shake, who yells most of his lines in a grating voice, is played this way sometimes.
- The Boondocks: Riley Freeman, a wild and defiant kid, is particularly obnoxious and snarky whenever he disagrees with the other characters. In contrast to the milder temperament of his brother Huey.
- Xiaolin Showdown: Raimundo's an especially loud and snarky contrarian. Some of the time it's because he doesn't think the team's plan will work.
- Aristotle the prairie dog from Adventures from the Book of Virtues is portrayed this way most of the time.
Needs More Examples, Is This Tropeable?
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable