Angels Vs Demons
[[Please insert a succinct and entertaining Description here. No, writing a great Laconic doesn't count.]]
- X-Men: Apocalypse invokes this trope by having two fight scenes with Angel and Nightcrawler.
- The Bible briefly mentions the archangel Michael fighting Satan over Moses' body. It also mentions a war between the angels and demons that the demons lost.
- Good Omens : In the climax, as Armageddon is about to commence, the legions of Heaven and Hell line up in the skies, waiting for the big event.
- Supernatural Angels are much, much more powerful than demons and kill them easily, something the protagonists struggled with for seasons. Given the nature of Supernaturals's angels, it's portrayed as a Evil vs. Evil conflict.
- Dungeons & Dragons. There aren't any official angels in early editions. However, the devas, planetars, solars and other Good-aligned spiritual beings often contend with the demons of the Abyss and the devils of the Nine Hells.
- In Nomine. The entire basis of the game is the conflict between the angels of Heaven and the demons of Hell. Angels try to help humans reach their bright Destiny, while demons try to lure them to a dark Fate.
- Darksiders: Angels and demons are at war with each other, though the focus is on War (and in the sequel, Death), who clashes with both sides for various reasons.
- In the Diablo franchise, Angels and Demons were first formed from the remains of two gods (Anu the Warrior of Order and Tathamet the Dragon of Chaos) who destroyed each other in the earliest recorded moment of creation, and have been locked in a war known as The Eternal Conflict for as long as they have been aware of each other. The first humans were created when the Angel Inarius formed a brief alliance with the Demon queen Lilith, leading to the two races breeding with each other.'
- Angel's Friends: Less of a actual war and more of a conflict over the morality of the angel's charges.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.