The rare occurrence in which Mooks, normally expected to be little more than speedbumps for a Heroic Foe-Tossing Charge, instead operate with efficiency, intelligence and something approaching efficacy — and actually do so on-screen (coughcoughSardaukarcough) Compare with Red Shirt, Mauve Shirt, Villainous Valour and Artificial Brilliance. Related to Elite Mooks.
- The henchman that fought the invisible girl in The Incredibles. Does he panic when faced with a foe he can't see? No, he kicks up dust and watches for the silhouette.
- The second X-Men movie featured an impressive performance from the military fighter pilots chasing Storm in the Blackbird.
- The Marines in the Transformers films certainly qualify. Despite being greatly outgunned by the Decepticons, they manage to hold their own and even defeat a couple of them. In this case, the mooks are on the heroic side, but given their stature in the battle, I think it's still valid.
- The Dresden Files: The Fomorian servitors in Aftermath and, especially, Ghost Story.
- The Replicas from FEAR.
- The Equalist chi-blockers from The Legend of Korra are stunningly effective, using pressure-point martial arts, insane agility and gas grenades to school benders left and right — including the Avatar herself.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable