Haggis is Horrible YKTTW Discussion
|Haggis is Horrible|
No character wants to eat their haggis.
- Gabriella Daniels: "Haggis always tastes like ass anyway."
Kenneth Donnelly: "Aye, but in the right hands it can taste like mighty fine ass."
-- Mass Effect 2
ExamplesAnime and Manga Films-- Live-Action
- Ramirez in Highlander. Connor calls him a haggis, and he asks what it is. When Connor tells him...
Ramirez: How revolting!
- Seen in the Pixar movie Brave, where the triplets seem to find their haggis disgusting.
- As demonstrated in the Scooby-Doo movie Scooby-Doo! and the Loch Ness Monster, not even Shaggy and Scooby will touch haggis.
- In Harry Potter, when the ¡Three Amigos! go to Nick's deathday party, there is a bunch of rotten food, and it includes haggis.
- In a Recurring Sketch on Saturday Night Live Mike Myers plays the proprietor of a "All Things Scottish" store in New York City. His Catch Phrase is "If it’s not Scottish it's crap!" But not even he likes haggis.
- In one Oor Wullie strip in the Scottish Sunday Post, Wullie is sent to the butcher to get a haggis for Burns Night, despite insisting he'd rather have mince'n'tatties. He persuades the butcher to give him mince in a haggis skin instead.
- In the play Money Talks, a Running Gag in the second act is various characters attempting to get rid of the haggis the Scottish banker leaves behind.
- Mass Effect 2 has a conversation between Normandy crewmen Gabby Daniels and Ken Donnelly on this subject if Shepard buys equipment and ingredients for Normandy's galley. Donnelly, true Scotsman that he is, apparently quite likes it.
- There's one episode of Johnny Bravo that has Johnny and the Loch Ness monster fighting over a sack of haggis Johnny bought. Johnny gets it in the end, realizes what's in it, and decides against eating it.
- In an episode of Samurai Jack, Jack visits The Scotsman's home town, and is presented with a feast of haggis. Jack promptly exclaims "Eww!" and holds his nose.
- In The Simpsons Groundskeeper Willie tries to sell Haggis at the school fair and makes the mistake of describing the ingredients and saying "Tastes as good as it sounds"
- Peter Puppy's hatred of haggis is a Running Gag on the Earthworm Jim series.
- Used in an episode of ProStars, and combined with I Ate WHAT?.