- Goku: Gohan, take Piccolo, find Bulma, get back to the ship.
Gohan: But what about you?
Goku: If Piccolo dies then all of this was pointless! Take him, get to the ship, and get out of here!
Gohan: This is surprisingly well thought-out for you.
Goku: ...Gohan? Where should you be right now?
Gohan: The ship?
Goku: THE SHIP!!!
Gohan: Okay..!!Dragon Ball Abridged, Episode 30
Examples:[[Folder:Anime and Manga]]
- In Dragon Ball Z, this happens quite often. Most notably when Goku is telling Gohan to escape Planet Namek, but Gohan continues to question his orders. It's played slightly different in the original Japanese and English dub. In the latter, Goku simply yells at Gohan and tells him to get moving. In the former, Goku threatens to unleash his fury on Gohan himself.
- Emphasized in Dragonball Abridged, as seen in the above quote.
- In Bleach, most notable during Ichigo's final battle with Aizen. Arriving to the battle amidst the wreckage of a portion of his hometown, Ichigo finds Aizen stalking his friends to murder them. After making sure everyone's okay, Ichigo asks Aizen if they can fight somewhere else. Aizen is just about to go into one of his Smug Snake tirades, but instead finds Ichigo's hand in his face, lifting him up by the head and dragging him into the air. After Ichigo slams Aizen down miles away, Ichigo is standing calm and composed and Aizen is trying to figure out what the hell happened.
- In Captain America: The First Avenger, while Steven is captured by the Red Skull, and the villain asks Cap what their mutual creator saw in him to see him as being worthy of becoming an "‹bermensch". Cap answers, "Nothing. I'm just a kid from Brooklyn", and a pissed-off Red Skull lays into him with his fists before quickly regaining his composure.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.