"For the heroes, even the fedora, jacket, and khakis were common attire".Put a fedora on an Action Hero, and it suddenly becomes not just another hat, but a symbol of how Badass that character is. In some of the adventure Film Serials, the fedora would be worn by the hero. When Indiana Jones came along, it solidified the hat as a sign of the adventurer (at least to modern audiences). It can also become an Iconic Item. A Sub-Trope of Nice Hat. A Sister Trope to Adventurer Outfit, Scarf of Asskicking.
Action Heroes Wearing This Hat
- Harry Steele in Secret Of The Incas
- Fred C Dobbs in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
- David Jones in China
- Indiana Jones in all his films. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade even begins with how he got it.
- Although Linkara of Atop the Fourth Wall didn't start out as an action hero, the plotlines eventually made him one.
- Perry the Platypus in Phineas and Ferb is a member of a secret agency where all field agents wear fedoras.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.